MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Want to lessen the blow of stocking up on supplies for the new school year? This weekend might just might be the perfect time.
The sales tax holiday is from Friday, August 1 through Sunday, August 3.
During the sales tax-free holiday, shoppers will not have to pay sales taxes on any clothes and shoes worth $100 or less, school supplies worth $15 or less or on the first $750 of a personal computer.
Another tax break for families took effect July 1, 2014. Youth bicycle helmets, child restraint systems and booster seats are now tax-exempt and will provide additional relief for families purchasing these child safety items.
CLICK HERE to see and download the complete list of back-to-school items that are tax-exempt.
Also, right before the start of school year, Mayor Tomas Regalado and City Commissioners will be giving away 1,000 backpacks Friday from 10:30 am to 2:00 pm at Peacock Park, 2820 McFarlane Road in Coconut Grove.
- Smartphone Apps Can Reduce Depression, Study Finds
- Equifax CEO Out After Breach That Exposed 143M Americans’ Info
- Jeep Brand Strollers Recalled Over Concerns Your Child Could Fall Out
- Study: ‘Having A Yard’ For Dogs Important For Home-Buying Millennials
- Target Raising Minimum Wage To $15 Per Hour By 2020