MIAMI (AP) — Mat Latos pitched seven strong innings, Ryan Ludwick drove in two runs, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Miami Marlins 5-2 on Friday night.
Latos (3-3), who hails from nearby Coconut Creek, beat the Marlins for the first time in eight career starts. He allowed one run on five hits and four walks while striking out five.
Aroldis Chapman got the last three gouts for his 25th save in 27 chances.
Marlins All-Star slugger Giancarlo Stanton homered in his third consecutive game to give him a National League-best 26. Jarred Cosart (0-1) gave up four runs and four hits in 5 1-3 innings in his Marlins debut one day after being acquired from Houston.
Miami has lost three straight after winning six in a row.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Stanton, Marlins Aim For Series Win Over Rival Mets
- Stanton’s Monster Home Run Helps Marlins Down Mets 7-2
- Fernandez Puts 25-1 Home Record On Line Vs DeGrom, Mets
- Rodney Gives Up 9th Inning Home Run, Fish Fall 5-3
- Marlins Suzuki Closing In On 3,000 Hit