Car Drives Into Canal In Ft. Lauderdale
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Bystanders had to pull two women out of the water Friday morning when their car ended up in a canal.
Two women who, according to Ft. Lauderdale Fire Department, were on their way home from work ended up in the New River in Fort Lauderdale.
The accident occurred at 4:30 am at Cooley’s Landing located at 450 SW 7th Avenue.
People walking their dogs saw the accident and helped the two women out of the fast-moving water.
Fire Rescue crews from Lauderdale Fireboat 49 and dive operations responded and determined there was nobody else in the car.
One of the women was transported to Broward Health with minor injuries and the other was treated at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- South Florida Could Be Home To World’s Largest Mall, Entertainment Complex
- Woman Facing Federal Charges After Sparking Security Scare At MIA
- Judge Recommends Fines In Fmr. Congressman David Rivera Ethics Case
- Florida Highway Patrol: Alligator Alley Closed Due To Fog
- “Floating Therapy” Comeback Meant To Treat Various Ailments