FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Bystanders had to pull two women out of the water Friday morning when their car ended up in a canal.
Two women who, according to Ft. Lauderdale Fire Department, were on their way home from work ended up in the New River in Fort Lauderdale.
The accident occurred at 4:30 am at Cooley’s Landing located at 450 SW 7th Avenue.
People walking their dogs saw the accident and helped the two women out of the fast-moving water.
Fire Rescue crews from Lauderdale Fireboat 49 and dive operations responded and determined there was nobody else in the car.
One of the women was transported to Broward Health with minor injuries and the other was treated at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Doctors Warn Against Teen Pot Use Amid Looser Marijuana Laws
- Reward Being Raised To $14k For Info On 15-Year-Old’s Killer
- SpaceX Sending Private Citizens To The Moon & Back
- Liberty City Swelling With Pride Over Oscar Winner ‘Moonlight’
- ‘Don’t Hide Behind My Son’s Death’: Dad Of Slain SEAL To White House