FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Bystanders had to pull two women out of the water Friday morning when their car ended up in a canal.
Two women who, according to Ft. Lauderdale Fire Department, were on their way home from work ended up in the New River in Fort Lauderdale.
The accident occurred at 4:30 am at Cooley’s Landing located at 450 SW 7th Avenue.
People walking their dogs saw the accident and helped the two women out of the fast-moving water.
Fire Rescue crews from Lauderdale Fireboat 49 and dive operations responded and determined there was nobody else in the car.
One of the women was transported to Broward Health with minor injuries and the other was treated at the scene.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- US Mayors Push Back Against President Trump On Climate Change
- Mothers Of Gun Violence Victims Join Lawmakers To Break ‘Code Of Silence’
- Search On For Unruly Restaurant Customer Who Assaulted BSO Deputy
- CBO: 22 Million More Americans Lose Coverage Under GOP Health Care Bill
- White House Calls SCOTUS Travel Ban Decision ‘A Clear Victory’