MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A man was arrested Friday after police say he broke into the home of a 103-year-old woman.
Carlos Palma Vidal, according to police, broke into Idilia Marquez’s home—a home she’s lived in since 1915.
Marquez, having fallen a couple of weeks ago, was staying at the home of her great granddaughter and fiancé at the time of the incident.
Police were called to Marquez’s home after a neighbor reported hearing a window broken at her home.
A witness, when police arrived, told authorities a “very elderly” female, according to the arrest affidavit, lived in the home and she was possibly there.
When police entered the home, Vidal was found inside one of the bathrooms, the arrest affidavit said, and noted that the occupant of the home was not there.
The defendant was then placed into custody.
- Police Chief: No Truth To Reports Of Sniper In Miami Gardens
- Former MLB Stars Jeter, Posada Team Up With Local Developer To Help Puerto Rico Relief
- ‘Baby Lollipops’ Mother Takes Stand In Own Defense: ‘I Didn’t Kill My Son’
- One North Lauderdale Shooting Victim Says Other May Be Paralyzed
- Con-Artists Taking Control Of Victims’ Computers In Tech Support Scam