MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A man was arrested Friday after police say he broke into the home of a 103-year-old woman.
Carlos Palma Vidal, according to police, broke into Idilia Marquez’s home—a home she’s lived in since 1915.
Marquez, having fallen a couple of weeks ago, was staying at the home of her great granddaughter and fiancé at the time of the incident.
Police were called to Marquez’s home after a neighbor reported hearing a window broken at her home.
A witness, when police arrived, told authorities a “very elderly” female, according to the arrest affidavit, lived in the home and she was possibly there.
When police entered the home, Vidal was found inside one of the bathrooms, the arrest affidavit said, and noted that the occupant of the home was not there.
The defendant was then placed into custody.
- Publishing Rights For Obama Book Deals Surpass $65 Million At Auction
- Uber CEO Apologizes After Video Of Heated Exchange With Driver
- Looking For A New Furry Friend, Now There’s An App For That
- Oprah 2020? Winfrey Won’t Rule Out Running For Office Thanks To Trump
- Video: Police Hoping Hollywood Man Has Info On Shooting