MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A man was arrested Friday after police say he broke into the home of a 103-year-old woman.
Carlos Palma Vidal, according to police, broke into Idilia Marquez’s home—a home she’s lived in since 1915.
Marquez, having fallen a couple of weeks ago, was staying at the home of her great granddaughter and fiancé at the time of the incident.
Police were called to Marquez’s home after a neighbor reported hearing a window broken at her home.
A witness, when police arrived, told authorities a “very elderly” female, according to the arrest affidavit, lived in the home and she was possibly there.
When police entered the home, Vidal was found inside one of the bathrooms, the arrest affidavit said, and noted that the occupant of the home was not there.
The defendant was then placed into custody.
- Facing Criticism Over Parkland Shooting, Broward Sheriff Says “Of Course I Won’t Resign”
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Return To School For First Time Since Shooting
- Trump Floats New Gun Measures As Gun Owners Talk ‘Betrayal’
- Students Rally For Stricter Gun Laws In Parkland
- Sources: Multiple BSO Deputies Waited Outside School While Shooting Was Happening