MIAMI (CBSMiami) –A man was arrested Friday after police say he broke into the home of a 103-year-old woman.
Carlos Palma Vidal, according to police, broke into Idilia Marquez’s home—a home she’s lived in since 1915.
Marquez, having fallen a couple of weeks ago, was staying at the home of her great granddaughter and fiancé at the time of the incident.
Police were called to Marquez’s home after a neighbor reported hearing a window broken at her home.
A witness, when police arrived, told authorities a “very elderly” female, according to the arrest affidavit, lived in the home and she was possibly there.
When police entered the home, Vidal was found inside one of the bathrooms, the arrest affidavit said, and noted that the occupant of the home was not there.
The defendant was then placed into custody.
- Off-Duty Officers Taking Stand Against Kneeling NFL Players
- Family, Friends & Veterans Pay Their Respects At Viewing For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush
- BSO Deputy Faces Sex Charges Involving Underage Teen
- WWII Vets Gets Help From Neighbors During Daily Walks
- Budget Deficit Hits $666B, An $80B Spike For The Year