Miami (CBSMiami) – Tropical storm Bertha formed late Thursday evening east of the Southern Lesser Antilles.
As of 11:00 p.m, the system was located about 275 miles East, southeast of Barbados and about 350 miles East, southeast of St. Lucia with maximum sustained winds of 45 miles per hour.
The storm is moving West, northwest at 20 miles per hour .
As of 11:00 p.m., the meteorological service of Barbados issued a tropical storm warning for Barbados and Dominica.
The government of St. Lucia issued a tropical storm warning for st. Lucia.
A tropical storm watch was issued for Puerto Rico, vieques, Culebra and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The meteorological service of Barbados issued a tropical storm watch for St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
A tropical storm warning could be required for Martinique on Friday morning.
Bertha is expected to pass near Barbados Friday afternoon and move through the central Lesser Antilles Friday evening.
- 3 Deaths Blamed On Ophelia In Ireland
- Hurricane Ophelia Forecast To Weaken As It Moves Towards Ireland
- 3 Appeals For Hurricane Aid Pending In Florida Since 2004
- Headed To British Isles, Ophelia Becomes 6th Major Hurricane Of Season
- Hurricane Ophelia Picking Up Speed In NE Atlantic