MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Israel supporters in South Florida gathered Thursday night to rally against Hamas.
The Community Solidarity Rally, dubbed “Miami Unites for Israel” started at 6:30 p.m. at the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center located at 18900 Northeast 25 Avenue in North Miami Beach.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation encouraged thousands of local residents of all faiths and backgrounds to take part in the event.
Participants were encouraged to wear blue and white – the colors of the Israeli flag – and bring picnic blankets.
Rally speakers included the Honorable Chaim Shacham, Consul General of Israel to Florida and Puerto Rico; Pastor Carlos Ortiz, National Hispanic Coordinator of Christians United for Israel along with local clergy and others.
- Higher Prices Helping Sales As PepsiCo Works To Adapt Brands
- Suspect Arrested In Road Rage Death Of Sunrise Trucker
- Brother Charged With Shooting, Killing 13-Year-Old Sister
- Multiple People Shot In Naranja
- ‘See You In The Supreme Court’: Trump On ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Ruling