MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Israel supporters in South Florida gathered Thursday night to rally against Hamas.
The Community Solidarity Rally, dubbed “Miami Unites for Israel” started at 6:30 p.m. at the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center located at 18900 Northeast 25 Avenue in North Miami Beach.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation encouraged thousands of local residents of all faiths and backgrounds to take part in the event.
Participants were encouraged to wear blue and white – the colors of the Israeli flag – and bring picnic blankets.
Rally speakers included the Honorable Chaim Shacham, Consul General of Israel to Florida and Puerto Rico; Pastor Carlos Ortiz, National Hispanic Coordinator of Christians United for Israel along with local clergy and others.
- Group Rallies In Support Of Gables’ Police Chief, Reprimand Rescinded
- Coast Guard To Offload 12 Tons Of Cocaine At Port Everglades
- Dramatic Rescue After Scaffolding Collapse In Palmetto Bay
- Mentoring Matters: International Artists Mentor Local Charter School Students
- Smash & Grab At T Mobile Store