MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Israel supporters in South Florida gathered Thursday night to rally against Hamas.
The Community Solidarity Rally, dubbed “Miami Unites for Israel” started at 6:30 p.m. at the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center located at 18900 Northeast 25 Avenue in North Miami Beach.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation encouraged thousands of local residents of all faiths and backgrounds to take part in the event.
Participants were encouraged to wear blue and white – the colors of the Israeli flag – and bring picnic blankets.
Rally speakers included the Honorable Chaim Shacham, Consul General of Israel to Florida and Puerto Rico; Pastor Carlos Ortiz, National Hispanic Coordinator of Christians United for Israel along with local clergy and others.
- Hollywood Couple Mourns Death Of Beloved Therapy Dog After Attack By Other Animal
- Lyft Driver Released From Hospital 10 Days After Being Shot By Carjackers
- Safety Becoming Major Concern With New High-Speed Brightline Train
- Florida Voters Will Be Asked To Restore Felon Voting Rights
- Spider Webs & Maggots: What A Family Claims To Have Found In Cereal