MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Israel supporters in South Florida gathered Thursday night to rally against Hamas.
The Community Solidarity Rally, dubbed “Miami Unites for Israel” started at 6:30 p.m. at the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center located at 18900 Northeast 25 Avenue in North Miami Beach.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation encouraged thousands of local residents of all faiths and backgrounds to take part in the event.
Participants were encouraged to wear blue and white – the colors of the Israeli flag – and bring picnic blankets.
Rally speakers included the Honorable Chaim Shacham, Consul General of Israel to Florida and Puerto Rico; Pastor Carlos Ortiz, National Hispanic Coordinator of Christians United for Israel along with local clergy and others.
- Miami FOP Union President Relieved of Duty For Cyber-bullying
- Ultra’s 1st Night A Reminder It’s A Musical Melting Pot
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Health Care Bill
- Fire Breaks Out At High-Rise Building Under Construction In Brickell
- ‘Liquor Wall’ Bill Ready For House Debate