MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Israel supporters in South Florida gathered Thursday night to rally against Hamas.
The Community Solidarity Rally, dubbed “Miami Unites for Israel” started at 6:30 p.m. at the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center located at 18900 Northeast 25 Avenue in North Miami Beach.
The Greater Miami Jewish Federation encouraged thousands of local residents of all faiths and backgrounds to take part in the event.
Participants were encouraged to wear blue and white – the colors of the Israeli flag – and bring picnic blankets.
Rally speakers included the Honorable Chaim Shacham, Consul General of Israel to Florida and Puerto Rico; Pastor Carlos Ortiz, National Hispanic Coordinator of Christians United for Israel along with local clergy and others.
- Florida Survey Spots Record Number Of Manatees
- Victim Of Armed Home Invasion By Police Impersonators Speaks Out
- Florida Prosecutors Can Seek Death Penalty Despite Questions
- FPL Accelerates Plans To Add Solar Power
- ‘His Name Will Not Go In Vain’: Father Of Slain 6-Year-Old King Carter