New “Be A Hero!” Decals Help To Save Manatees & Sea Turtles
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – You can help save manatees and sea turtles by purchasing a new decal offered by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
The decals are part of the “Be a Hero!” campaign for 2014.
They cost $5 and the proceeds will go toward the research, rescue, rehabilitation and management of Florida’s endangered manatees and sea turtles.
The decals are original works of art and can be purchased at local tax collectors’ offices statewide or by clicking either link below.
This year’s edition of the decal provides information on the back side of the decal about how and where to report injured and distressed manatees and sea turtles.
Besides calling the FWC’s Wildlife Alert Hotline, 888-404-3922 (FWCC), people can dial #FWC or *FWC on a cell phone or text Tip@MyFWC.com and report the location of the animal, its signs of injury or distress, the nearest boat ramp and contact information.
- Taxi Driver Robbed At Gunpoint In Boynton Beach
- Scott, Crist Rally Support In Miami On 1st Day Of Early Voting
- Miami-Dade Property Appraisers Office Warns About New Scam
- Metromover Extensions To Close Early
- Bay Of Campeche Being Watched For Possible Tropical System