New “Be A Hero!” Decals Help To Save Manatees & Sea Turtles
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – You can help save manatees and sea turtles by purchasing a new decal offered by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
The decals are part of the “Be a Hero!” campaign for 2014.
They cost $5 and the proceeds will go toward the research, rescue, rehabilitation and management of Florida’s endangered manatees and sea turtles.
The decals are original works of art and can be purchased at local tax collectors’ offices statewide or by clicking either link below.
This year’s edition of the decal provides information on the back side of the decal about how and where to report injured and distressed manatees and sea turtles.
Besides calling the FWC’s Wildlife Alert Hotline, 888-404-3922 (FWCC), people can dial #FWC or *FWC on a cell phone or text Tip@MyFWC.com and report the location of the animal, its signs of injury or distress, the nearest boat ramp and contact information.
- Burgers & Beer, Contestant Wins ‘Lunch With Jeb’ Bush
- Person Shot In Front Of Home Early Sunday Morning
- Two Men Dead After Car Goes Into Canal
- Police Searching For Driver In Early Morning Fatal Hit And Run
- Cash Reward Offered For Information On Escaped Keys Inmate