DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Davie Police are trying to figure out if a group of burglars got away with anything after they broke into a Davie gun range Thursday but later dropped most if not all of the firearms.
It all happened at Alfie’s Gun Range located at 7080 W State Road 84.
Officers responded just after 1:00 a.m. when the business’ alarm started to ring. Once they got there they found that the business had been burglarized but are not sure what or if the burglars got away with anything.
Officials said at least three people stole a van from a neighboring business and tied a chain from the bumper of the van to the front doors of the range in order to pry the doors open causing the alarm to sound.
Once they opened the doors, they grabbed several firearms inside and ran out.
In the process, detectives said, the burglars dropped most if not all the firearms they were trying to steal. Various firearms were found inside and outside of the business.
Gun range employees are conducting inventory of their firearms to find out if the burglars got away with anything.
The stolen van was also recovered after it was found abandoned on I-95.
Police have not released a description of the subjects they are looking for.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crimestoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Report: Jeb Bush Back In Bid For Marlins; Jeter Seeks New Investors
- JetBlue Flight Heading To Ft. Lauderdale Forced To Make Emergency Landing
- South Florida Air Force Pilot Injured In ‘Mishap’ During Air Show Practice
- Coconut Grove Man Back In US After 9 Weeks In Arab Prison
- Shooting Suspect Seeks Acquittal After Witness Is Gunned Down