DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Davie Police are trying to figure out if a group of burglars got away with anything after they broke into a Davie gun range Thursday but later dropped most if not all of the firearms.
It all happened at Alfie’s Gun Range located at 7080 W State Road 84.
Officers responded just after 1:00 a.m. when the business’ alarm started to ring. Once they got there they found that the business had been burglarized but are not sure what or if the burglars got away with anything.
Officials said at least three people stole a van from a neighboring business and tied a chain from the bumper of the van to the front doors of the range in order to pry the doors open causing the alarm to sound.
Once they opened the doors, they grabbed several firearms inside and ran out.
In the process, detectives said, the burglars dropped most if not all the firearms they were trying to steal. Various firearms were found inside and outside of the business.
Gun range employees are conducting inventory of their firearms to find out if the burglars got away with anything.
The stolen van was also recovered after it was found abandoned on I-95.
Police have not released a description of the subjects they are looking for.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crimestoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- Miramar Cop Left Pinned After Biker Runs Him Down
- Nationwide Rallies Call For Climate Justice & Clean Energy Economy
- Touching Tribute To Local Veterans During Honor Flight South Florida
- Disturbing Sex Trend ‘Stealthing’ Raising Legal & Ethical Concerns
- Exclusive: Angry Mom Demands Justice After Daughter’s Encounter With Miami Cop