HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A 66-year old man was hospitalized after he was shot during a robbery in front of a Hollywood car dealership.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at 5981 Funston Street. Police, who focused their investigation on the dealership, have not said if the man who was shot was an area business owner or someone who was near the business at the wrong time.
The man was taken to Memorial Hospital in serious condition.
People who witnessed the shooting were able to give police a description of the gunman’s car.
Hollywood police said the car was spotted and stopped in another jurisdiction. It’s driver was detained for questioning.
- New Video Shows Moment Car Crashed Into Davie Pollo Tropical, Killing One
- Text Messages Raise Questions About FBI Employees’ Political Bias
- Toddler Dies From Meningitis At Downtown Day Care
- Jury Begins Deliberations In Third ‘Baby Lollipops’ Murder Trial
- Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross’ RISE Program Hosts Local High School Students At Hard Rock Stadium