HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A 66-year old man was hospitalized after he was shot during a robbery in front of a Hollywood car dealership.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at 5981 Funston Street. Police, who focused their investigation on the dealership, have not said if the man who was shot was an area business owner or someone who was near the business at the wrong time.
The man was taken to Memorial Hospital in serious condition.
People who witnessed the shooting were able to give police a description of the gunman’s car.
Hollywood police said the car was spotted and stopped in another jurisdiction. It’s driver was detained for questioning.
- Yorkie On The Mend After Being Abandoned At Hollywood Police Department
- ‘Heartless’ Thieves Steal Trailer Filled With Toys For Kids Battling Cancer
- Police Suspect Murder-Suicide After 2 Bodies Found In Backyard Of Redland Home
- Daughter-In-Law Of Elderly Purse Snatching Victim: ‘I Hope These Kids Get What They Deserve’
- Miami Passport Office Closed Until Further Notice