HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A 66-year old man was hospitalized after he was shot during a robbery in front of a Hollywood car dealership.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at 5981 Funston Street. Police, who focused their investigation on the dealership, have not said if the man who was shot was an area business owner or someone who was near the business at the wrong time.
The man was taken to Memorial Hospital in serious condition.
People who witnessed the shooting were able to give police a description of the gunman’s car.
Hollywood police said the car was spotted and stopped in another jurisdiction. It’s driver was detained for questioning.
- MSD Senior On Returning To School: “Education Isn’t Going To Stop And Neither Is The NRA”
- Gov. Scott Calls For FDLE Investigation Into Parkland School Shooting Response
- Vintage Cars, Each With A Story, On Display At Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance
- Students Hold March For Gun Law Change As Final Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
- Facing Criticism Over Parkland Shooting, Broward Sheriff Says “Of Course I Won’t Resign”