HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) – A 66-year old man was hospitalized after he was shot during a robbery in front of a Hollywood car dealership.
The shooting happened just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at 5981 Funston Street. Police, who focused their investigation on the dealership, have not said if the man who was shot was an area business owner or someone who was near the business at the wrong time.
The man was taken to Memorial Hospital in serious condition.
People who witnessed the shooting were able to give police a description of the gunman’s car.
Hollywood police said the car was spotted and stopped in another jurisdiction. It’s driver was detained for questioning.
- BSO Deputy Faces Sex Charges Involving Underage Teen
- Family, Friends & Veterans Pay Their Respects At Viewing For Soldier Killed In Niger Ambush
- Exclusive: Rep. Wilson Spokesperson Says Threats Against Congresswoman Intensifying
- Police Need Help Finding 2 Teens Missing In Miami-Dade
- Special Recipe: KFC Twitter Account Follows 11 Herbs & Spices To The Internet’s Delight