MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Playing on Christmas Day is something that the Miami Heat has grown quite accustomed to over the past decade or so.
Each game played on Christmas generally comes with some kind of backstory, like when the Heat first played against the Los Angeles Lakers on a late December afternoon following the acquisition of Shaquille O’Neal.
It appears that this year will be no different. According to CBS4 news partner the Miami Herald, this Christmas will see the Heat welcome LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers to Miami for an afternoon showdown.
The NBA will not release its full schedule until it’s finalized in mid-August so it’s unknown if the holiday matchup will be the first time that James visits Miami since returning to the Cavs.
The likelihood is that the game will be played on ABC at either 2:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. depending on the other teams and locations selected to play on Christmas.
It’s no secret that ABC wants to broadcast the Heat-Cavs game and generally the NBA does what it can to accommodate the network
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. CBS4 news partner The Miami Herald contributed material for this report.)
- AP Source: Grizzlies Offer Coaching Job To Miami Heat Assistant David Fizdale
- Winderman: “It’s Zero Percent Chance LeBron Could Come Back”
- Heat’s Justise Winslow Named To NBA All-Rookie Second Team
- Marks: “I Fully Expect Many Teams To Line Up For Hassan Whiteside”
- Pat Riley Says Hassan Whiteside Will Be Heat’s Offseason Priority