Deputies Searching For “Armed & Dangerous” Batterer
South Florida Crime
OAKLAND PARK (CBSMiami) — Broward Sheriff’s deputies are searching for a man considered to be “armed and dangerous,” accused of beating his wife in the presence of their three children in Oakland Park.
Alan Michael, 28, is mentally unstable and has an undiagnosed bipolar disorder.
According to BSO deputies, they responded to calls of a physical altercation on Tuesday just after 7:00 p.m. at a residence at 120 NW 54 Street.
Michael allegedly struck his wife in the face and head after a verbal altercation. Once she collapsed to the ground, he mounted her and hit her again with his fists, elbows and knees.
Michael’s wife was able to get away and run out of the house.
Deputies said once they arrived Michael was allegedly armed and inside the home with the couples three children who were recovered after a brief SWAT standoff.
The residence was cleared but they could not find Michael inside the home.
An arrest warrant for aggravated battery has been issued for Michael.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crimestoppers at (954) 493 – TIPS.
- Miami Beach Preps, Closures For Memorial Day Weekend
- South Florida’s Smoky, Hazy Skies Caused By Big Cypress Brush Fires
- Police Search For Westchester Burglary Victims
- Zero Tolerance For BUI & Safety Enforced Ahead Of Memorial
- After Week In Jail, Mom Agrees To Son’s Circumcision