BSO: Credit-Stealing Criminal Gets Caught On Tape
OAKLAND PARK (CBSMiami) – Investigators in Oakland Park said they got a good look at a thief who used someone’s identity to open nearly a dozen credit cards.
On May 15th, the identity thief victim received an unexpected bill for a new Sears’s credit card in the mail, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO said the bills kept coming, that’s when the man realized someone had used his identity to obtain at least 11 fraudulent credit cards.
The thief used the cards to make purchases in several stores days before the victim even knew what had happened.
Police say the suspect was captured on camera at TigerDirect purchasing a computer, and was also caught on camera as he purchased—with the fraudulent credit cards—20 gift cards from Kohl’s.
Detectives are looking for a Hispanic male in his sixties, balding with a medium build.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at http://www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- Gov. Scott Compares Obama Administration To Sopranos
- Police: Children Living Amid Piles Of Trash At North Miami Home
- West Miami-Dade Slaughterhouse, One Of The Largest, Torn Down
- Boat Collides With Personal Watercraft Off Hallandale Beach
- Republican Presidential Contenders Seek Traction In New Hampshire