HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — Police arrested two men in connection to an armed robbery and shooting in Hollywood on Tuesday.
Kenrick Long, 24, and Joseph Johnson, 30, are both facing charges of robbery with a firearm and attempted felony murder.
Their are being hold on no bond.
According to police, a 66-year old man, Victor Herrera, was shot during the armed robbery which happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
Herrera was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a Black Jetta driving away from the scene. Officers were able to track the car down where they found Johnson and took him into custody. Police later spoke to Long who was also allegedly in the car at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are still gathering information on the case.
It is unclear if Herrera is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Lawyer: $500K Bond Excessive For Shooting Suspect’s Brother, Wants Him Released
- Stoneman Douglas Students Head To D.C. For March For Our Lives
- Tribal Court Rules Infant Taken From Baptist Hospital Be Returned To Parents
- Road Closed By FIU Bridge Collapse Expected To Reopen This Weekend
- Clock Ticking As Beckham Soccer Group Considers Stadium Sites