HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — Police arrested two men in connection to an armed robbery and shooting in Hollywood on Tuesday.
Kenrick Long, 24, and Joseph Johnson, 30, are both facing charges of robbery with a firearm and attempted felony murder.
Their are being hold on no bond.
According to police, a 66-year old man, Victor Herrera, was shot during the armed robbery which happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
Herrera was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a Black Jetta driving away from the scene. Officers were able to track the car down where they found Johnson and took him into custody. Police later spoke to Long who was also allegedly in the car at the time of the shooting.
Detectives are still gathering information on the case.
It is unclear if Herrera is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- BSO Arrests Father, Girlfriend In Death Of Toddler
- Fort Lauderdale Commissioner Wants To Ban Sale Of Assault Rifles At Local Gun Show
- Employee Murdered At Cutler Bay Storage Facility
- Caught On Camera: Woman With Toy Gun In Confrontation With Officer
- Ft. Lauderdale Expands Water Advisory Over Sewer Main Breaks