HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- ‘Jonathan’s Day’ Connects Kids With Autism At Unique Abilities Fair
- Tanker Truck Fire Closes Parts Of I-595 For Westbound Drivers
- FIU Student Shot To Death In Sweetwater Parking Garage
- Madonna Slams Trump At Miami Show, Raises $7.5M For Africa
- Toddler, 2 Men Wounded In NW Miami-Dade Drive-By Shooting