66-Year Old Man Shot During Robbery In Hollywood
South Florida Crime
HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Hit And Run Crashes Rising Across South Florida
- Farrakhan Makes Stop At Overtown Church To Discuss Police Shootings
- Memorial To Be Held For Former Miami-Dade Police Director
- Fire Crews Whisk Away Cat From Fort Lauderdale House Fire
- 2015 National Urban League Conference Kicks Off In Fort Lauderdale