HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Legoland To Add Lakeside Resort In Planned Expansion
- “Operation Heat Shield” Keeps Officers Prepared In Urban Training Drill
- South Florida Remembers Trayvon Martin At Weekend Event
- Mercedes Hit & Run Leaves Victims In Critical Condition
- Streaking Trocheck, Panthers Host Equally Hot Crosby & Penguins