HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Charges Dropped Against Cutler Bay Mom Pulled From Car
- Train Strikes & Kills Man Laying On Tracks
- Board Approves Plan For World’s Tallest Coaster In Orlando
- Lawmakers Get First Crack At Scott Budget
- Prison Health Firm’s Exit Leaves State Looking For Answers