HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Miami-Dade College Evacuated Over Bomb Threat
- Community Continues To Mourn Loss Of Rising Star Jose Fernandez
- Jose Fernandez The Greatest ‘30 For 30’ Never Told? Filmmaker Wants To Change That
- Rare Female Bank Robber Sought In Two Cases
- Healing Begins As Teammates Channel Jose Fernandez’s Fiery Spirit