HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen To Retire From Congress After Term Is Up
- 300 Autistic Children Hang Ten On Sunny Isles Beach
- Fatal Drive-By Leaves Half A Dozen Witnesses
- No One Hurt In Piper Plane Crash Near Sawgrass Exwy
- 8 People Struck By Car On Florida’s Panhandle