66-Year Old Man Shot During Robbery In Hollywood
South Florida Crime
HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- BSO, Drug Experts Concerned About Rise Of “Flakka” Drug In Broward
- North Miami Beach Rabbi Scares Off Burglar
- BSO Searching For Dania Beach Hit & Run Driver
- Student Accused Of Using Other Users’ AA Frequent Flyer Miles
- Senate Panel Approves Testing Bill Amid Troubles