HOLLYWOOD (CBSMiami) — A 66-year old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday evening after he was shot during an armed robbery in Hollywood.
It all happened at around 6:00 p.m. at 5981 Funston Street.
The man was taken to Hollywood Memorial Regional Hospital where he is listed in serious condition.
Police said witnesses saw a vehicle driving away from the scene. That car was stopped in another jurisdiction where police placed one person in custody. That person is being questioned.
Detectives are still working to figure out if anyone else was involved in the shooting.
It is unclear if the victim is the owner of a business in the area or what he was being robbed of.
If you have information you are asked to call Broward Crimestoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- First Giant Anteater Born At Zoo Miami Makes Public Debut
- Red Light Camera Ban Stays In House Fast Lane
- Homeland Security Rolls Out Immigration Rules As New Trump Travel Ban Expected
- Taxpayers Footing Big Bill For President Trump’s Travel Costs
- Court Delivers Win To Florida In Flower Tax Fight