DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) – Homes and businesses in a Deerfield Beach neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon for a brief period so the Broward Sheriff’s Office could check out a bomb threat.
Sheriff’s deputies and the Bomb Squad were sent to the 600 block of E. Hillsboro Boulevard after receiving reports that a man had placed a suspicious device in a car.
Deputies closed road traffic on East Hillsboro Boulevard from the 800 block to the 500 block. Just before 4 p.m., the all clear was given and the road was re-opened.
No device, suspicious or otherwise, was found in the vehicle.
- Two Dead After Car Slams Into Bus Full Of Students
- SOBE Losing Memorial Day Weekend Crowds To Violence & Police Presence
- Miami-Dade Police Release Sketch Of Man Who Robbed & Sexually Assaulted 3 People
- Police: Stabbed Teens Turn Out To Be Possible Suspects, Not Victims
- Dolphins’ Koa Misi Involved In Club Fight In Ft. Lauderdale