DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) – Homes and businesses in a Deerfield Beach neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon for a brief period so the Broward Sheriff’s Office could check out a bomb threat.
Sheriff’s deputies and the Bomb Squad were sent to the 600 block of E. Hillsboro Boulevard after receiving reports that a man had placed a suspicious device in a car.
Deputies closed road traffic on East Hillsboro Boulevard from the 800 block to the 500 block. Just before 4 p.m., the all clear was given and the road was re-opened.
No device, suspicious or otherwise, was found in the vehicle.
- Broward Circuit Judge Berates Female Inmate in Wheelchair
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel To Face No-Confidence Vote
- Cypress Creek Could Undergo Bold Revitalization
- FAA Orders More Engine Inspections After Southwest Accident
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign