DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) – Homes and businesses in a Deerfield Beach neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon for a brief period so the Broward Sheriff’s Office could check out a bomb threat.
Sheriff’s deputies and the Bomb Squad were sent to the 600 block of E. Hillsboro Boulevard after receiving reports that a man had placed a suspicious device in a car.
Deputies closed road traffic on East Hillsboro Boulevard from the 800 block to the 500 block. Just before 4 p.m., the all clear was given and the road was re-opened.
No device, suspicious or otherwise, was found in the vehicle.
- Mother, Infant Carjacked In Broad Daylight, Then Released
- Lauderhill Police Release Surveillance Of Point-Blank Shooting Outside Fish Market
- Faulty Airbags Have South Florida At Forefront Of Biggest Auto Recall In U.S. History
- Price Tries To Reassure On Health Care; Dems Not Buying It
- Madame Tussauds Unveils Donald Trump Wax Figure Ahead Of Inauguration Day