DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) – Homes and businesses in a Deerfield Beach neighborhood were evacuated Tuesday afternoon for a brief period so the Broward Sheriff’s Office could check out a bomb threat.
Sheriff’s deputies and the Bomb Squad were sent to the 600 block of E. Hillsboro Boulevard after receiving reports that a man had placed a suspicious device in a car.
Deputies closed road traffic on East Hillsboro Boulevard from the 800 block to the 500 block. Just before 4 p.m., the all clear was given and the road was re-opened.
No device, suspicious or otherwise, was found in the vehicle.
- Concerns Grow After 1st Baby Born With Zika-Related Birth Defect In Florida
- Video: Miami Gardens Police Chief Tackles Suspect In Store
- Security Increased At MIA As Passengers Arrive From Istanbul
- Police: Man Caught On Camera Stealing Assault Rifles From Car Arrested
- Dispatcher: ‘My Caller Is No Longer Responding’