Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday Starts Friday
Back To School
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – South Florida families are getting ready to send their kids back to school and that means back-to-school shopping. But if you want to save, wait until this weekend when Florida 2014 sales tax-free holiday begins on August 1.
During the 3-day sales tax-free holiday, shoppers will not have to pay sales taxes on any clothes and shoes worth $100 or less, school supplies worth $15 or less or on the first $750 of a personal computer.
The sales tax holiday is from Friday, August 1 through Sunday, August 3.
Another tax break for families took effect July 1, 2014. Youth bicycle helmets, child restraint systems and booster seats are now tax-exempt and will provide additional relief for families purchasing these child safety items.
CLICK HERE to see and download the complete list of items that are tax-exempt.
- “Appetite Pacemaker” May Help Battle Obesity
- Report Reveals Which Apps Are Biggest Battery Drainers
- Lawsuit Filed Against Purina Claims Food Sickens, Kills Dogs
- Online Loans Are Becoming More Popular
- Probiotics For Pets, Are They Worth The Price?