MIAMI (CBSMiami) – South Florida families are getting ready to send their kids back to school and that means back-to-school shopping. But if you want to save, wait until this weekend when Florida 2014 sales tax-free holiday begins on August 1.
During the 3-day sales tax-free holiday, shoppers will not have to pay sales taxes on any clothes and shoes worth $100 or less, school supplies worth $15 or less or on the first $750 of a personal computer.
The sales tax holiday is from Friday, August 1 through Sunday, August 3.
Another tax break for families took effect July 1, 2014. Youth bicycle helmets, child restraint systems and booster seats are now tax-exempt and will provide additional relief for families purchasing these child safety items.
CLICK HERE to see and download the complete list of items that are tax-exempt.
- New At-Home Eye Tests Have Some Optometrists Seeing Red
- Don’t Get Scammed By Online Home Business Coaches
- Chipotle Closed Monday Morning, Workers Get Food Safety Lecture
- Exclusive: Inside RoboVault, Storage For The Rich & Famous
- Automakers Recall 5M Vehicles For More Air Bag Problems