MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A major traffic alert for drivers who use the Dolphin Expressway at night.
A section of State Road 836 will be closed Monday and Tuesday night for construction.
Monday night at 9 p.m., the eastbound lanes will be closed from NW 72nd Avenue to NW 57th Avenue. The lanes are scheduled to re-open at Tuesday at 5:30 a.m.
On Tuesday at 9 p.m., the westbound lanes will be closed from NW 57th Avenue to NW 72nd Avenue. They will re-open Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.
During the closures, a new electronic toll plaza will be built near the NW 57th Avenue/Red Road exit.
“Similar to the Turnpike where everyone pays for the distance they drive. What it does it makes the trip more equitable so everyone pays their fair share on it,” said Maria Diaz with the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority.
The new toll should be up and running by the end of the year.
- LaVar Ball Belittles Trump’s Role In Release Of Son, UCLA Players After Theft In China
- Federal Judge Orders Florida To Treat Sick Inmates
- Police: Airport Trespasser Spit On Cop, Said He Has HIV
- Arrest Made After Woman Is Mugged, Pistol-Whipped On Miami Beach
- Arrest Made In Dairy Farm Abuse Case As Sheriff Takes Swipe At Activist Who Exposed Case