Exclusive: Miami Mayor Disputes Rumor That He’s Resigning
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado goes on the record exclusively with CBS4 News to deny rumors that he is resigning.
Blogger Al Crespo posted an online article claiming that sources close to the mayor confirmed Regalado will resign before the end of the year because of deteriorating health.
Crespo reported that Regalado is suffering from Parkinson’s disease and has been falling asleep at commission meetings.
The blog went on to say that the mayor is grooming his daughter to take his place.
Regalado said he does not have any health issues and he does not plan on giving up his job.
“First of all, I’m very healthy, thank God, and I plan to be in the Mayor’s office until November 2017 and thanks to me Al Crespo will get to keep his job for the next four years,” said Regalado. “He can keep on blogging, I really like his style, it’s fiction with a twist of crazy.”
Regalado was re-elected in 2013 and has three years left of his term.
- At Least 3 Missing In Florida Waters, 1 Off Mississippi
- Body Found In Margate Storage Unit Identified By Police
- Search For Missing Woman Off Coral Gables Called Off
- Waterspout Bounces Bounce House On Ft. Lauderdale Beach
- Margate Rededicates “Fallen Soldier” Memorial