BOCA RATON (CBSMiami) – A fatal car accident that took place around 5:30 A.M. on I-95 has left one driver dead and another injured.
A 2001 Lincoln Town Car was stopped facing westbound across the southbound lanes of I-95 at Palmetto Park Road when the vehicle was struck by a 2009 Mercedes C300.
The Mercedes was traveling southbound and struck the right side of the Town Car which was stopped across several lanes on the major highway.
The driver of the Town Car, Marion Kelly, 32, was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Pierre Cenatus, 23, was driving the Mercedes and was transferred to Delray Medical Center. Cenatus was wearing his seat belt.
Three southbound lanes and the entrance ramp from westbound Palmetto Park Road were closed for investigation and re-opened at 10:30 A.M.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Roomba Maker Wants To Sell Data Device Collects When Mapping Your Home
- Musk, Zuckerberg At Odds Over AI’s Effect On Our Future
- Victims Of Ransomware Attacks Have Paid $25 Million Last Two Years, Report Says
- McCain Calls On GOP, Dems To Work Together On Health Bill
- Vatican Shuts Off Historical Fountains Amid Italy Drought