(CBSMiami/AP) — As LeBron James continues his transition back to his hometown team, the superstar has decided what number he’ll wear when he takes the court for the first time (again) with the Cavaliers.
James will go back to wearing jersey No. 23 for Cleveland in the upcoming NBA season.
James tweeted “23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2(plus)3(equals)6 We still family 6.” The tweet included an Instagram post with photos of James holding his No. 23 Cavaliers jersey on draft night, him later in a new version of the Cavs’ jersey and a one of him in his high school jersey.
James wore No. 6 in four seasons with Miami and with the U.S. Olympic team. He used No. 23 in high school and during seven seasons in Cleveland.
About 10 days ago, James turned to social media to help him choose which number he’ll wear next season with the Cavaliers. James wrote “6 or 23….” on his Twitter account.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Heat Players Optimistic About Opportunities New Season Presents
- Belief Never Waivers As Dolphins Keep Finding Ways To Win Close Games
- Miami’s Langham, Badgley Receive Weekly ACC Honors After Win Over Georgia Tech
- Miami-North Carolina Announced For A Noon Kickoff October 28th
- 2017-18 NBA Season Preview – Eastern Conference