HOUSTON (AP) — Giancarlo Stanton hit a three-run double, and Jordany Valdespin added a two-run home run to power the Miami Marlins to a 7-3 victory over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.
Stanton’s double in the second inning broke a 2-2 tie. Christian Yelich had two hits, including an RBI single as part of the four-run frame. Valdespin hit his first homer of the season in the ninth off Chad Qualls.
Tom Koehler (7-7) gave up three runs and nine hits with two strikeouts in five innings.
Jason Castro had two hits, including a two-run home run in the first that put the Astros up 2-1. Jose Altuve added three hits for Houston, which lost its fourth straight and fell a season-high 20 games below .500 (42-62).
Astros starter Jarred Cosart (9-7) allowed five runs and seven hits with four strikeouts and four walks in 5 2-3 innings.
- Steelers WR Antonio Brown Honors Miami Legends Jose Fernandez, Kimbo Slice On Cleats
- Panthers Set To Honor Jose Fernandez For Opening Night
- Marlins May Be Considering A Familiar Face For Coaching Staff
- Miami Heat Honor Jose Fernandez With Special Pregame Tribute
- Marlins Extend Prado For Three Years, Exercise Option On Ichiro