HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) — Police are investigating a shooting that sent a teenager to the hospital Saturday night.
According to Hallandale Beach police, the 16-year-old was shot once in the back and once in the foot just after 7:00 p.m.
He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Neighbors said violence is becoming too common in the area. “It’s real sad because I don’t want to hear about no child be hurt,” said a neighbor who asked to be identified only as April. “You don’t want to hear about your child, your neighbor’s child or nobody’s child got hurt,” she added.
The scene is still under investigation. It’s not clear what led to the shooting.
Contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS if you have information.
- Several Taken Into Custody & 1 Arrested After Officer Ambush, Shooting
- PBA President To Suspects Who Shot Miami-Dade Officers: ‘You’re Never Going To Win’
- House Moves Forward On Medical Marijuana
- Judge Backs Scott’s Removal Of Prosecutor
- Judge Tosses Out Trauma System Plan