HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) — Police are investigating a shooting that sent a teenager to the hospital Saturday night.
According to Hallandale Beach police, the 16-year-old was shot once in the back and once in the foot just after 7:00 p.m.
He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Neighbors said violence is becoming too common in the area. “It’s real sad because I don’t want to hear about no child be hurt,” said a neighbor who asked to be identified only as April. “You don’t want to hear about your child, your neighbor’s child or nobody’s child got hurt,” she added.
The scene is still under investigation. It’s not clear what led to the shooting.
Contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS if you have information.
- Turning Anger Into Activism: School Shooting Victims Say ‘Never Again’
- For School Shooting Suspect, Main Question Is Life Or Death
- Family Housing School Shooter: “We Had This Monster Living Under Our Roof & We Didn’t Know”
- Motion Filed By DCF To Release Report On School Shooter From 2016
- Trump To Meet With Kids Wednesday & Officials On Thursday