HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) — Police are investigating a shooting that sent a teenager to the hospital Saturday night.
According to Hallandale Beach police, the 16-year-old was shot once in the back and once in the foot just after 7:00 p.m.
He was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Neighbors said violence is becoming too common in the area. “It’s real sad because I don’t want to hear about no child be hurt,” said a neighbor who asked to be identified only as April. “You don’t want to hear about your child, your neighbor’s child or nobody’s child got hurt,” she added.
The scene is still under investigation. It’s not clear what led to the shooting.
Contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS if you have information.
- SOBE Wine & Food Festival Tents Host Trade A Day Before Public Opening
- Man Guilty Of Killing Wife, Son & Shooting Lawyer Makes Odd Request In Court
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released
- Innocent Bystander Hit By Gunfire In Grove Shooting
- Eateries Battle It Out To Get Top Burger Title At SOBE Wine & Food Festival