HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Space Station Accepts First Virginia Delivery In Two Years
- Two People Killed In South Florida Strip Mall Fire
- Three Florida Cities Get Top Scores For Gay Residents
- Three People Shot After Being Robbed In Miami
- Good Samaritan Struck In Hit & Run While Helping Other Crash Victim