HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ‘Think About The Children’: Kids Scared Of Losing Parents In TPS Termination
- Protesters Arrive In Palm Beach Over Trump’s TPS Termination
- Miami Heat Usher In Thanksgiving With Block Party, Turkey Giveaway
- Teens Arrested After Wild Chase In West Miami-Dade
- Customs and Border Patrol Officials Warn Counterfeit Goods Flooding Into US Ahead Of Holidays