HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to email@example.com.
- BSO: Teacher Found With Intoxicated Teens Inside Car At Closed Park
- South Florida’s Iconic Stiltsville Survives Hurricane Irma
- Florida’s Second Largest Industry Could Be At Mercy Of Congress
- State Moves Toward More Medical Marijuana Licenses
- Hurricane Maria Leaves Puerto Rico 100% Without Power