HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to email@example.com.
- Parents In Weston Warned About Hoax Abductions
- Man Stabbed To Death Outside Southwest Miami-Dade Liquor Store
- Sen. Nelson Urges State Dept. To Open Temporary Passport Office In Miami
- Miami Beach Attempted Break In Caught On Camera
- 94-Year-Old Fights Back During Purse Snatching