HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to email@example.com.
- Miami Police Need Help Locating Missing 21-Year-Old Woman
- Doting Husband Praises Wife’s Attempt To Fend Off Lauderhill Attacker
- Man Wanted In Miami Beach Woman’s Murder Found Dead
- Bush & Rubio Fall Short, Battle For Third In New Hampshire Primary
- Police Arrest Accused Dadeland Mall Flasher