KEY LARGO (CBSMiami) – A visitor from Georgia died while snorkeling in the Keys.
On Thursday, John Marshall of Johns Creek, Georgia was on board a 25 foot private vessel with nine others off Key Largo. Just after noon they went snorkeling near the Carysfort lighthouse.
Witnesses say Marshall, 71, was on his way back to boat. When they next saw him he was face down in the water.
They pulled him into the boat. Another boat nearby pulled up with a doctor on board who began performing CPR. State wildlife officers arrived and brought Marshall to shore at Ocean Reef where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of Marshall’s death.
- Several People Shot During MLK Day Celebration
- Nearly 100 Whales Stranded Off Coast Of SW Florida
- Bikers Race Through Streets For “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Amid Crackdown
- TrumpSingles Website Tries To Make Dating Great Again
- Mentoring Matters: Turner Tech Professor Has Helped Many Students Achieve Their Goals