KEY LARGO (CBSMiami) – A visitor from Georgia died while snorkeling in the Keys.
On Thursday, John Marshall of Johns Creek, Georgia was on board a 25 foot private vessel with nine others off Key Largo. Just after noon they went snorkeling near the Carysfort lighthouse.
Witnesses say Marshall, 71, was on his way back to boat. When they next saw him he was face down in the water.
They pulled him into the boat. Another boat nearby pulled up with a doctor on board who began performing CPR. State wildlife officers arrived and brought Marshall to shore at Ocean Reef where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of Marshall’s death.
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’
- Good Samaritan Stops Would-be Burglar In His Tracks
- Police Search For Suspect After Young Boy Is Shot And Killed In Miami-Dade
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Coach Arrested In NY With Teen Booked Into Florida Jail