KEY LARGO (CBSMiami) – A visitor from Georgia died while snorkeling in the Keys.
On Thursday, John Marshall of Johns Creek, Georgia was on board a 25 foot private vessel with nine others off Key Largo. Just after noon they went snorkeling near the Carysfort lighthouse.
Witnesses say Marshall, 71, was on his way back to boat. When they next saw him he was face down in the water.
They pulled him into the boat. Another boat nearby pulled up with a doctor on board who began performing CPR. State wildlife officers arrived and brought Marshall to shore at Ocean Reef where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy will be done to determine the cause of Marshall’s death.
- Gov. Scott Visits Zika-Free Wynwood To Help Boost Business
- Exclusive: Reporter Shares What He Says Is Proof Of Trump’s Illegal Dealings In Cuba
- Person Stabbed At Lauderdale Lakes High School Football Game
- Matthew Keeps Gaining Strength, Becomes Category 5 Hurricane
- Concern Over Cyber Threat To Election Systems Prompts Meeting Between State, Feds