DAVIE (AP) — Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and running back Knowshon Moreno are starting training camp on the physically unable to perform list.
The moves were expected as camp began Friday. Pouncey is expected to miss at least a couple of games and perhaps more while he recovers from hip surgery in June. Moreno is expected to join practice sometime during camp after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in June. The former Broncos running back signed a one-year, $3.275 million free agent contract in March.
Players on the PUP list can be activated at any time during camp.
Pouncey is the lone returning starter on the Dolphins’ offensive line. He was injured during offseason workouts.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi Wins AFC Offensive Player Of The Week…Again
- Stradford On Jay Ajayi: “A Star Has Been Born”
- Dolphins RB Jay Ajayi’s Historic Chase For 200 Yards In Three Straight Games
- Kelly On Dolphins: “They Have To Continue To Evolve As An Offense”
- Dolphins Cancer Challenge To Host Halloween-Themed Family Fests