BONIFAY, Fla. (AP) — Two escaped inmates are back in a Panhandle jail after they escaped.
Holmes County law enforcement officials say Jeffery Morrill and David Challender escaped from the county jail early Wednesday. Authorities did not say how they escaped, but noted they were caught the same day after a search that included helicopters, K-9 units and officers from multiple counties.
Twenty-eight-year-old David Challender is awaiting trial on a murder charge in Bay County for the death of a 91-year-old woman in his home. He could receive the death penalty if convicted.
Jeffery Morrill was recently convicted and sentenced to 30 years in prison.
The News Herald of Panama City reports the pair will face additional charges related to the escape.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Wasserman Schultz Calls Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill A Nightmare
- Monroe County Schools Begin To Reopen After Irma
- Wild Animals Some Of The Smallest Victims Of Hurricane Irma
- Gov. Scott Doesn’t Answer Why Nursing Home Voicemails Were Deleted
- Study: ‘Having A Yard’ For Dogs Important For Home-Buying Millennials