South Florida: One Of The Worst In The Country For Late Mail Deliveries
Taste Of The Town
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Cost cutting measures and a shrinking work force at the U.S. Postal Service has led to delivery delays across some parts of the country.
Mail delivery delays in South Florida, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Richmond, Virginia and Arlington, Virginia are some of the worst in the country, according to a new report this week by the U.S. Postal Service Office of Inspector General. If found that deliveries were made after 5 p.m. more than four days a week around 70-percent of the time.
The agency’s goal is complete deliveries by 5 p.m. 95-percent of the time.
According to the report, nationwide mail was delivered late about 38 percent of days last year, compared to 25
percent back in 2011.
- South Florida Could Be Home To World’s Largest Mall, Entertainment Complex
- Woman Facing Federal Charges After Sparking Security Scare At MIA
- Judge Recommends Fines In Fmr. Congressman David Rivera Ethics Case
- Florida Highway Patrol: Alligator Alley Closed Due To Fog
- “Floating Therapy” Comeback Meant To Treat Various Ailments