Man Rushed To Hospital After Lightning Strikes Nearby
DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Broward Woman Accused Of Parental Kidnapping In Custody
- Former Day Care Worker Accused Of Shaking Baby
- Women Facing Animal Cruelty Charges After Dog Dies In Car
- Broward School Board Building Gets All Clear After White Powder Found
- Caught On Cam: Thief Snatches Purse From Car Outside Day Care