DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead In Texas Ranch
- Burglary Suspect Chase Ends With Cyclist Struck On Miami Beach
- Study Suggests Women Write Better Code Than Men
- Police: Miami Gardens Gunman Kills College Student At Party
- Florida Given $50 Million To Improve Public Housing