DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ Almost Didn’t Happen
- Deadly Crash On Airport Expressway
- You’re So Vain, You Probably Think This Dress Size Is About You
- Police Release Sketch Of Wanted Rapist
- Protesters Arrive In Palm Beach Over Trump’s TPS Termination