DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Cash Tolls Extended At Florida Keys Bridge
- Get Moving On A Dragon Boat
- Police: Naked Man Climbs Up Hollywood Crane, Drops Down Debris
- Video: Starbucks Customer Takes On Armed Robber In Transformers Mask
- Snooty, Oldest Florida Manatee In Captivity, Dies At 69