DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMIAMI) — A man was rushed to hospital after being jolted by a nearby lightning strike in Deerfield Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Deputies said a 34-year old man from Deerfield beach was sitting on a railing near a building when the lightning struck either the building or the railing.
It was so intense he was jolted and landed face down in a container.
When paramedics arrived he was alert but did sustain some burns on his back.
He was taken to the Broward Health Medical Center.
He is doing fine, according to officials.
They said they cannot stress enough the 30/30 rule which means if you hear thunder and 30 seconds later see lightning, seek shelter immediately.
- Parkland Restaurant Holding Fundraiser To Help Orlando Mass Shooting Victims
- After School Counselor Accused Of Child Molestation Takes Stand
- Heavily Armed Officers At Miami International Airport Becoming All Too Familiar Sight
- $24 Million In Cash Discovered In Miami-Dade Police Raid
- Disney World Drops Jokes About Crocs Eating Kids After Deadly Gator Attack