BATH (CBSMiami/AP) — While LeBron James has yet to wish his former community of South Florida any kind of goodbye or thanks, he’s already working hard on endearing himself to his neighbors in Bath Township, Ohio.
James sent cupcakes to his neighbors to apologize for the ruckus caused by the announcement of his homecoming earlier this month.
Cleveland Cavaliers fans and journalists arrived en masse to the NBA star’s Akron area home to await his July 11 decision on whether he would come back to northeast Ohio or stay with the Miami Heat. A commotion ensued, and police were called to direct traffic.
To make amends, the LeBron James Family Foundation sent a note of apology accompanied by a dozen cupcakes to neighbors on Tuesday, according to multiple media outlets.
Several neighbors tweeted photos of the cupcakes and the note saying that “we are sorry for the chaos,” adding that the James family is “so blessed to have understanding neighbors like you.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Giancarlo Stanton Talks About His Marlins Exit In Yankees News Conference
- Going Going Gone: Marlins Officially Trade Slugger Giancarlo Stanton To Yankees
- Miami Hurricanes Guard Lonnie Walker Named ACC Rookie Of The Week
- Desperate Dolphins Face Tough Test Against Surging Patriots On Monday Night Football
- Latest NHL Power Rankings