MIAMI (CBSMiami/NSF) — The latest poll by Quinnipiac University is set to be released Wednesday, showing where each candidate stands in Florida’s gubernatorial race.
Its earlier polls showed Democrat Charlie Crist with a hefty lead over Republican Gov. Rick Scott.
The Connecticut-based university frequently conducts polls in Florida and other states, and its results typically draw heavy attention.
A Quinnipiac poll released in April showed Crist leading Scott by a margin of 48 percent to 38 percent.
But Scott and his supporters have spent millions of dollars on television ads in recent months to try to boost the incumbent and attack Crist, who served as a Republican governor before becoming an independent and then a Democrat.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- President Trump Says He Is Not Considering Firing Robert Mueller
- Exclusive: Rubio Votes Yes On Tax Plan But Says “We Have A Long Way To Go” On Economic Policy
- Top White House Economist Predicts Rubio Will Come Around On Tax Bill
- ‘Youthquake’ Named Word Of The Year By Oxford Dictionaries
- Sen. Rubio A ‘No’ In Republican Tax Plan, Unless Some Things Change