MIAMI (CBSMiami/NSF) — The latest poll by Quinnipiac University is set to be released Wednesday, showing where each candidate stands in Florida’s gubernatorial race.
Its earlier polls showed Democrat Charlie Crist with a hefty lead over Republican Gov. Rick Scott.
The Connecticut-based university frequently conducts polls in Florida and other states, and its results typically draw heavy attention.
A Quinnipiac poll released in April showed Crist leading Scott by a margin of 48 percent to 38 percent.
But Scott and his supporters have spent millions of dollars on television ads in recent months to try to boost the incumbent and attack Crist, who served as a Republican governor before becoming an independent and then a Democrat.
The News Service of Florida contributed to this report.
- Jared Kushner’s Security Clearance Restored
- Judge: Trump Violates First Amendment When Blocking Critics On Twitter
- Special Election Tuesday To Fill Empty Miami-Dade Commission Seat
- Trump Meets With South Korea President Moon Jae-in Over North Korea Summit
- Broward County Holds Commission Meeting To Discuss Proposed Penny Tax Hike