RIVERVIEW (CBSMiami/AP) – Two dogs that killed a 4-year-old boy over the weekend have been euthanized.
Logan Shepard, a Tampa Bay-area boy, was visiting his uncle Saturday when he was attacked and killed by two pit bulls—his uncle’s pets.
Police said Billy Frederick Sr. put the dogs in cages before the boy arrived. Logan’s father tells the Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/UkJAUc ) that the dogs later were released into the yard.
No charges have been filed. Police have said Logan was left alone while the adults talked in another room, but Frederick’s wife says Logan was watching television with a teenage cousin.
Police say the adults heard screams and discovered the dogs standing over Logan in the yard.
Hillsborough County authorities tell The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/1rGjMOj ) that Frederick voluntarily surrendered the dogs, which were euthanized.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Miami-Dade College Evacuated Over Bomb Threat
- Community Continues To Mourn Loss Of Rising Star Jose Fernandez
- Healing Begins As Teammates Channel Jose Fernandez’s Fiery Spirit
- Trump Goes From Debate Stage To South Florida
- Miami-Dade Police Sgt. On Trial For Allegedly Stealing Gas Found Guilty On All 6 Counts