FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – In an effort to better connect with the residents and business owners they are sworn to ‘serve and protect’, the Pembroke Pine Police Department is now part of the MyPD social media app to keep the public up to date on what is going on.
The MyPD app is a free download and can be used on both iPhone or Android phones.
The app allows the user to follow the latest tweets from the department, send anonymous tips, commend an officer, submit feedback and ask questions. Push notifications are also offered to keep users updated with timely information.
The app also includes links to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
With the app, users will have the ability to upload photos and GPS information to submit tips or report possible crimes; for example a parking issue, graffiti complaint or continuous suspicious activity at a specific location.
The police department is quick to point out that the app is not intended for use during any type of emergency situation. As with any emergency or in-progress situation, users should continue to dial 911 for police assistance.
- Homeowner Awakened To Find Car Inside Living Room
- Kushner Emerging As Central Figure In Russian Involvement With Trump Administration
- Rep Says David Cassidy In Hospital, ‘Surrounded By Family’
- LaVar Ball Belittles Trump’s Role In Release Of Son, UCLA Players After Theft In China
- Federal Judge Orders Florida To Treat Sick Inmates