Season For Meteor Showers Just Days Away
Get Breaking News First
Send Us Your Pictures
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The summertime brings a great chance for stargazers to catch meteor showers.
In late July and early August, two meteor showers converge and give the Northern Hemisphere some of the best meteor displays, says the experts at Earthsky.org.
The Perseids are the shower that will be seen in the Northern Hemisphere while the Southern Hemisphere and the Northern Hemisphere’s tropics region will enjoy the Delta Aquarids.
Click here for more about the Delta Aquarid meteor shower.
Click here for more about the Perseid meteor shower.
The experts say it is best to look for the meteors after midnight and during the predawn hours.
Earthsky.org recommends watching the sunrise and moonset times carefully.
The moon is full on August 10, and its light will interfere with the 2014 Perseids’ peak.
It’s also recommended to catch the late July showers of the Delta Aquarids in the tropics because the Perseids’ peak in mid-August (11, 12, 13) will have more light from the moon reducing the visibility.
- Police Release New Images Of Subjects Who Allegedly Beat & Robbed Man
- BSO Detectives Search For Victims Of Seductive Serial Burglar
- The Home Depot Reports 56-Million Payment Cards Impacted By Breach
- Arrest Made In Davie Woman’s Murder
- Miami-Dade Commissioners Vote On Budget