Season For Meteor Showers Just Days Away
Send Us Your Pictures
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The summertime brings a great chance for stargazers to catch meteor showers.
In late July and early August, two meteor showers converge and give the Northern Hemisphere some of the best meteor displays, says the experts at Earthsky.org.
The Perseids are the shower that will be seen in the Northern Hemisphere while the Southern Hemisphere and the Northern Hemisphere’s tropics region will enjoy the Delta Aquarids.
Click here for more about the Delta Aquarid meteor shower.
Click here for more about the Perseid meteor shower.
The experts say it is best to look for the meteors after midnight and during the predawn hours.
Earthsky.org recommends watching the sunrise and moonset times carefully.
The moon is full on August 10, and its light will interfere with the 2014 Perseids’ peak.
It’s also recommended to catch the late July showers of the Delta Aquarids in the tropics because the Perseids’ peak in mid-August (11, 12, 13) will have more light from the moon reducing the visibility.
- Florida Gyrocopter Pilot Returns Home, Awaits Hearing
- Exclusive: Cameras Catch As Angry Doral Alligator Is Apprehended
- Elderly Woman Ejected From SUV In Fatal Hialeah Hit & Run
- Parents Of Kids Allegedly Living In Filthy Home Released From Jail
- 2 Sent To Hospital In Overnight SW Miami-Dade Shooting