FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities have identified the pilot of a small plane that crashed into the waters off a southwest Florida island.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office says Gregg Howard of St. Petersburg was flying the plane that crashed Wednesday evening into the Gulf of Mexico off Captiva Island.
The medical examiner concluded that the cause of Howard’s death was drowning.
Howard was alone in the plane when it crashed. Sheriff’s office divers recovered his body from the wreckage.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Plantation Family Wins Fight Against City To Keep Up ‘Extreme Christmas’ Display
- Hillary Clinton To Join JLO For Her Miami Concert
- Judgement Day For DUI Driver Who Faced His Paralyzed Victim
- Police Reviewing Surveillance That Could Link Miami Triple Shooting To Brickell Robberies
- Man Pulled From Water After Driving Off MacArthur Causeway