TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida State University professor has been awarded a $400,000 grant to fund research in the field of robotics.
Mechanical engineering professor Jonathan Clark received the Career Award from the National Science Foundation. The award is given to scientists in the early stages of their academic careers.
Clark aims to build robots that can quickly and easily navigate a variety of terrains, such as in search-and-rescue missions or cleanups of hazardous materials.
Clark also has worked with biologists to build several robots that mimic animal movements.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Struggle Over Regulating Sun Life Stadium In Miami Gardens
- Art Basel Brings Big Business & Big Money To South Florida
- Satellite Art Fairs Grow At Art Basel As Wynwood Walls Get New Look
- Wilton Manors Couple Spreads Awareness On World AIDS Day
- Investigation Underway After Small Plane Crashes In Opa-Locka