TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida State University professor has been awarded a $400,000 grant to fund research in the field of robotics.
Mechanical engineering professor Jonathan Clark received the Career Award from the National Science Foundation. The award is given to scientists in the early stages of their academic careers.
Clark aims to build robots that can quickly and easily navigate a variety of terrains, such as in search-and-rescue missions or cleanups of hazardous materials.
Clark also has worked with biologists to build several robots that mimic animal movements.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Potentially Catastrophic Maria Headed Toward Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
- Hurricane Maria Batters Dominica, Sets Sights On Puerto Rico
- Apartment Residents Camp Out In Parking Lot After Buildings Condemned
- Most Of Keys Reopen To Everyone
- Barry University Charters Students, Faculty In St. Croix Away From Hurricane Maria’s Path