TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida State University professor has been awarded a $400,000 grant to fund research in the field of robotics.
Mechanical engineering professor Jonathan Clark received the Career Award from the National Science Foundation. The award is given to scientists in the early stages of their academic careers.
Clark aims to build robots that can quickly and easily navigate a variety of terrains, such as in search-and-rescue missions or cleanups of hazardous materials.
Clark also has worked with biologists to build several robots that mimic animal movements.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pit Bull With Broken Leg In Dire Need Of Adoption
- CBS4 Exclusive: Police Catch Teen Accused In Fatal Hit & Run After He Failed To Turn Self In
- Death Investigations In Miami & Collier Co. Appear To Be Triple Murder Suicide
- Boaters Spot Massive Whale Shark Off Miami Beach
- Trump Cheating Claims Roundly Refuted