TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida State University professor has been awarded a $400,000 grant to fund research in the field of robotics.
Mechanical engineering professor Jonathan Clark received the Career Award from the National Science Foundation. The award is given to scientists in the early stages of their academic careers.
Clark aims to build robots that can quickly and easily navigate a variety of terrains, such as in search-and-rescue missions or cleanups of hazardous materials.
Clark also has worked with biologists to build several robots that mimic animal movements.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- KISS 99.9 ‘Cares For Kids’ Radiothon Benefits Kids At Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
- Miami Teen Vanishes, Never Came Home From School
- John Glenn, 1st Astronaut To Orbit Earth, Has Died At 95
- Florida: Record Number Of Manatees Killed In 2016 By Boats
- Charges Possible Over Video Of Black Student Eating Chicken