NAPLES (CBSMiami) — Officials said a child died in a violent crash on Alligator Alley Sunday.
Andres Naranjo, 8, of Plantation died in the crash.
The rollover crash happened near mile marker 55 on Interstate 75 around 12:30 Sunday.
The Florida Highway patrol said the driver of an SUV, 41-year-old Medardo Naranjo, over corrected after a vehicle towing another vehicle that drifted into his lane. The over correction led to the SUV clipping the rear of the vehicle that drifted and roll over.
The other vehicle came to a controlled stop while the SUV rolled. Officials said six people were in the SUV, four were from Plantation and two were from Miami.
An 11-year-old child was taken by air to Broward General with serious injuries.
The remaining four people who were in the car were not injured, said officials.
The two people inside of the other vehicle were not injured.
Alcohol was not a factor in the crash, said FHP.
- White House Calls SCOTUS Travel Ban Decision ‘A Clear Victory’
- Frost Museum Gives Glimpse Into Life In Space
- Bloomberg Brings Bucks For Cities To Miami Beach
- Research Suggests Health Insurance Reduces Your Risk Of Dying
- ‘I Did This For Principle’ Says Woman Dragged By Gas Station Thieves