DEERFIELD BEACH (CBSMiami) — A boat fire Sunday afternoon sent smoke into the air that could be seen along Broward County beaches.
Most of the eyewitnesses reached out to CBS4 from Deerfield Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.
Sea Tow Fort Lauderdale reported via Facebook that the fire heavily damaged the boat near Hillsboro Inlet. Two people were reported on board the 36-foot boat by Sea Tow, but no one was hurt.
Fire officials have not released information about what started the fire.
- Broward County Commissioners Take First Step Towards Suing Drug Companies Over Opioid Crisis
- Terminated Firefighters Fight To Keep Their Jobs After Racist Incident
- 3 Florida Men Charged With Animal Cruelty For Dragging Shark With Speed Boat
- NTSB Cites Weak Safety Culture By Owner Of Sunken El Faro
- Mom Testifies For Second Day In 3rd ‘Baby Lollipops’ Murder Trial