MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A South Florida college student set a world record for concocting the most expensive Starbucks drink ever.
Medical student Sameera Raziuddin created the drink.
The 192-ounce beverage cost a record $57.75.
It consists of 60 shots of espresso and a complex mix of other flavors.
“We just made this up on the spot, I hadn’t thought of this before because I needed something larger than 1 liter,” said Raziuddin. “I picked my favorite cappuccino and started adding to it and it turned out to be pretty amazing.”
Raziuddin says she actually got the drink for free for being a Gold Member of Starbucks’ loyalty program.
She says her friends love the drink and thinks they’ll be done with it in a week or so.
- Broward Joins Bidding War To Bring New Amazon Headquarters To Town
- Need Help? What To Know If FEMA Knocks On Your Door
- Miami’s Puerto Rican Community Gathers In Wynwood To Plan Help For Island
- Maria Left Path Of Destruction, No Power In Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Maria Taking Its Time To Reach Turks And Caicos