MIAMI (AP) — All-Star Tim Hudson pitched into the eighth inning and got the run support he needed as the San Francisco Giants beat the Miami Marlins 5-3 on Saturday night.
Hunter Pence drove in two runs and Pablo Sandoval had three hits for the Giants, who have won four of five.
Giancarlo Stanton hit his National League-best 23rd home run for Miami, which has lost six straight.
Hudson (8-6) came into the game with just five runs of support in his last five starts, but the Giants jumped out to a 5-1 lead in the fourth inning, which was enough for the 39-year old veteran.
Marlins All-Star starter Henderson Alvarez (6-5) departed with a bruised left shin after being hit by a grounder by Joe Panik in the third.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derek Jeter Poaches Longtime Yankees Exec Gary Denbo
- Future Of Marlins Roster In Limbo As Jeter Asks Fans For Patience
- New Marlins Owner Derek Jeter: “I’ve Been Focused On Miami For Years”
- Loria Out, Jeter And Sherman In As Closing On Marlins Sale Is Complete
- With Latest Disappointing Season Now Over, New Miami Marlins Ownership Takes The Wheel