MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A major crash shut down part of Interstate 95 Saturday leaving drivers in traffic for several hours.
The crash occurred at I-95 and SR 836 around 7:30 p.m.
Officials said the crash impacted drivers on southbound I-95 from exit 7 (SR-934/NW 79 Street/NW 81 Street) to exit 3A (SR 836).
The Florida Highway Patrol website reported the crash involved a fatality.
FDOT workers told CBS4’s MaryAnn Martinez, a wrong-way driver caused the crash.
A black car reportedly entered the southbound lanes going northbound.
The black car clipped and SUV, then slammed into a motorcycle driver head-on.
Martinez reported the motorcyclist came through the windshield and was pinned into the back seat of the car.
FDOT workers said the motorcylist died.
Through most of the night, all lanes were blocked.
- FDLE Special Agent In Charge Speaks About Investigating Police & Deputy Involved Shootings
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida’
- Caught On Camera: Burglar Ransacks Home Tiptoeing Around Sleeping Children
- Hillary Clinton ‘Not Taking Anything For Granted’ In Florida
- Police: Cancer Survivor Killed In Robbery Gone Wrong