MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A major crash shut down part of Interstate 95 Saturday leaving drivers in traffic for several hours.
The crash occurred at I-95 and SR 836 around 7:30 p.m.
Officials said the crash impacted drivers on southbound I-95 from exit 7 (SR-934/NW 79 Street/NW 81 Street) to exit 3A (SR 836).
The Florida Highway Patrol website reported the crash involved a fatality.
FDOT workers told CBS4’s MaryAnn Martinez, a wrong-way driver caused the crash.
A black car reportedly entered the southbound lanes going northbound.
The black car clipped and SUV, then slammed into a motorcycle driver head-on.
Martinez reported the motorcyclist came through the windshield and was pinned into the back seat of the car.
FDOT workers said the motorcylist died.
Through most of the night, all lanes were blocked.
- TSA: Record Setting Week For Firearms Recovered At Airport Checkpoints
- South Florida Gets Ready For Influx Of Memorial Day Revelers
- Hollywood City Attorney Charged With DUI One Step Closer To Being Out Of Job
- FPL Shows Off Storm Preparations Ahead Of Hurricane Season
- Exclusive: Surveillance Shows Tense Moments After Banquet Hall Shooting