MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A major crash shut down part of Interstate 95 Saturday leaving drivers in traffic for several hours.
The crash occurred at I-95 and SR 836 around 7:30 p.m.
Officials said the crash impacted drivers on southbound I-95 from exit 7 (SR-934/NW 79 Street/NW 81 Street) to exit 3A (SR 836).
The Florida Highway Patrol website reported the crash involved a fatality.
FDOT workers told CBS4’s MaryAnn Martinez, a wrong-way driver caused the crash.
A black car reportedly entered the southbound lanes going northbound.
The black car clipped and SUV, then slammed into a motorcycle driver head-on.
Martinez reported the motorcyclist came through the windshield and was pinned into the back seat of the car.
FDOT workers said the motorcylist died.
Through most of the night, all lanes were blocked.
- Tally Lawmakers Formulate Plans For Gun Law Changes
- Trump Considers Arming Teachers, Politicos & Law Enforcement Say Not So Fast
- Law Enforcement Has A Major Warning For The Nation’s Elderly
- Bondi Meets Trump Over School Safety, Working To Strengthen Baker Act
- Stoneman Douglas Students Return To South Florida