MIAMI (AP) — Pablo Sandoval hit a three-run homer off one of his favorite foils, and the San Francisco Giants beat the slumping Miami Marlins 9-1 Friday night.
All-Star Madison Bumgarner (11-7) allowed one run in six innings.
The Marlins lost their fifth game in a row, while San Francisco emerged from the All-Star break looking determined to end a prolonged scoring slump.
The Giants began the night averaging less than three runs per game in July, worst in the majors, but they’ve totaled 17 runs in their past two games.
Sandoval’s 12th homer ended Nathan Eovaldi’s night in the Giants’ five-run fifth. Sandoval improved to 8 for 11 lifetime against Eovaldi with nine RBIs.
Brandon Crawford hit the 11th pitch he saw for a two-run homer in the second inning. Buster Posey and Michael Morse each had three of San Francisco’s 13 hits.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derek Jeter’s Blueprint Begins To Take Shape At Marlins Camp
- Jeter On Miami-Dade Suing Jeffrey Loria: “This Has Nothing To Do With Us”
- Miami-Dade County Suing Fmr. & Current Miami Marlins Owners
- It’s A New Era For The Miami Marlins, What It Looks Like
- ‘We’re Going To Put Players On The Field Who Work Hard & Compete’: Derek Jeter On Marlins