MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A member of Miami-Dade Fire Rescue’s Venom Response Team will be featured on the cover of Time Magazine.
Captain Jeff Fobb will be part of the July 28 issue in an article titled Invasive Species, Coming to a Habitat Near You. The articlehighlights the ecological and economic impact invasive species have on communities
The article focuses on the Burmese python as one of the most damaging invasive species in South Florida.
It is believed that there are as many as 100,000 Burmese pythons roaming freely in the wetlands of South Florida.
The large snakes have been linked to the decline in the small mammal population in the Everglades National Park.
Captain Fobb takes Time Magazine’s Bryan Walsh deep into the Everglades for a close encounter with the invasive species.
When he is not working with the Fire Department, Fobb is a trainer for the Python Patrol with the goal of helping fight the Burmese python population in Florida.
This edition of Time Magazine will hits newsstands July 18.
Click here to preview the article.
- Reports: Authorities Feared Terrorism, Explosives At Pulse
- Bond Denied For Father, Girlfriend In 2-Year-Old Girl’s Death
- Permanent Memorial To Be Set Up For 49 Orlando Victims
- Boaters Burned, Rescued After Explosion Off Key Biscayne
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Family In Gulf Of Mexico