ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — A JetBlue flight from West Palm Beach to New York was diverted to Orlando due to mechanical issues.
JetBlue spokeswoman Tamara Young said in a statement that the pilot of Flight 354 observed a mechanical indication in the cockpit Wednesday morning prior to diverting. The plane landed safely without incident at Orlando International Airport and taxied to the gate under its own power. The 104 passengers aboard the flight also safely deplaned.
A replacement plane was brought in and was scheduled to take off Wednesday afternoon.
The original plane was taken out of service and is being inspected.
OIA spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell said that the incident caused no impact on its operations.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Police Press For Info On Missing Miami Toddler, Release 1st Picture
- ‘Emailgate’ Could Make Re-Election Harder For Wasserman Schultz
- BSO Bailiff Cleared Of Attempted Murder: ‘It Was A Total Nightmare’
- Dad Of Ft. Myers Shooting Victim: ‘I Wish Him The Best Wherever He Goes’
- Mixed Emotions Amid Sanders Supporters At DNC