ORLANDO (CBSMiami/AP) — A JetBlue flight from West Palm Beach to New York was diverted to Orlando due to mechanical issues.
JetBlue spokeswoman Tamara Young said in a statement that the pilot of Flight 354 observed a mechanical indication in the cockpit Wednesday morning prior to diverting. The plane landed safely without incident at Orlando International Airport and taxied to the gate under its own power. The 104 passengers aboard the flight also safely deplaned.
A replacement plane was brought in and was scheduled to take off Wednesday afternoon.
The original plane was taken out of service and is being inspected.
OIA spokeswoman Carolyn Fennell said that the incident caused no impact on its operations.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Traffic Nightmare Ahead For Miami Beach During Memorial Day Weekend
- Subtropical Storm Alberto Meandering In NW Caribbean
- Fiat Chrysler Recalls Nearly Five Million Vehicles
- Hurricane Center Discusses Forecasting Improvements At Preparedness Meeting
- Parkland School Shooting Survivor Protests Publix As NRA Sellout