MIAMI (CBSMiami) – One person was killed, a second person injured, in a stabbing Wednesday morning at a Miami apartment building.
Miami police spokesman Napier Velazquez said the double stabbing happened in an apartment at 1559 North River Drive.
Napier said the two people who were stabbed were an older couple. After receiving a call about a stabbing, police found the body of Rodolfo Pavon in an apartment. His wife, Maria Rivera was also stabbed.
She was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital with what were described as serious injuries. She’s been listed as being in critical condition.
Neighbors described them as a nice, elderly couple.
Around 9:30 a.m., neighbors said Pavon had just returned from his morning routine. He walked the three blocks to Riviera Market.
Neighbor Martha Perez said Pavon would buy one two pastries for him and two for his wife. With his cafe con leche in hand, he returned home with breakfast.
She said she believes the 85-year-old man was followed home and then attacked.
Perez said the wife was still in bed, and the husband was inside the apartment when an unknown man followed him in.
Neighbors said they’ve dealt with car vandalism in their building parking lot before , but the alleged attack has taken their fear to another level.
Residents said they want the building management to install a gate or another security measure. They say the peace of mind alone is worth it.
- Puerto Rico’s Fmr. Governor Calls Hurricane Relief Efforts In Yabucoa ‘Almost Shameful’
- City Of Hollywood Releases 911 Calls From Nursing Home Where 14 Patients Died
- Police: Man Asks Officer For Ride, ‘Spontaneously’ Blurts Out Murder Admission
- FBI Warning: Fake Kidnapping Calls Are On The Rise
- Study: Vision Impairment A Growing Problem With Preschoolers