Studio To Build Wall Around Neighborhood For ‘Walking Dead’ Filming
ATLANTA (AP) — A studio is constructing a 15-foot-high wall around a neighborhood in the small town of Senoia, creating an enclosed set to film new episodes of AMC’s show “The Walking Dead.”
Senoia Mayor Larry Owens says city council this month approved plans for the wall, which will enclose an area including about four brownstone town homes plus about a half-dozen additional residences.
Owens says he expects the wall to be completed within the next few weeks and will likely be in place through November. He says the area inside the wall will serve as a safe haven from zombies known as “walkers” on the show.
Owens says about 30 people are living inside the area to be enclosed by the wall, made of a material designed to look like concrete.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vin Diesel Says Oscars Weighted Against Action Films
- ‘The Talk’s’ Sheryl Underwood Making Laughs In South Florida
- This Week: Zayn Malik Leave One Direction & Angelina Jolie’s Smart Move
- Locals, Tourists To Gather For Concert Celebrating 100 Years Of Miami Beach
- James Corden’s ‘Late Late Show’ Social Media Pitch Speaks On Digital Age