11-Year-Old Boy Rescued After Jet Ski Incident
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An 11-year-old boy was in a jet ski incident off of Monument Island on Saturday evening and had to be rescued by Miami Coast Guard.
Miami Coast Guard was on a routine patrol when they responded to a report of an 11-year-old male who was in a jet ski incident and was unresponsive in the waters around Monument Island.
According to the 7th Coast Guard District, it was reported that the male victim fell into the water and stopped breathing. When the boatcrew arrived they brought the boy and his mother onto their ship and performed emergency breathing while transporting the boy to Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
The boy regained conciseness while on the way to Mount Sinai.
“We were very fortunate to have a unit close to the incident location,” said Kurt Treemont, command duty officer at Coast Guard Sector Miami. “The Coast Guard Station Miami boatcrew arrived on scene within five minutes and were able to provide first aid to the victim while transporting him to Mount Sinai hospital in a timely manner.”
- Miami Beach Prepping For Annual Seasonal High Tides
- Wanted: Experienced Pet Owners To Adopt Exotic Species
- Security Beefed Up Ahead Of Jewish High Holy Days
- Georgetown Nursing Student From South Florida Dies Of Meningitis
- Mayor Gimenez Takes Stand In Suspended Homestead Mayor Corruption Trial