MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Beach staple has closed its doors after 14 years.
Jerry’s Famous Deli decided to close down due to an issue with its lease.
The restaurants owner Jason Starkman said the restaurant’s lease was up and there was interest in the space from another company, according to Miami.com.
According to the site, “Señor Frogs” is rumored to be the other company who wanted the space.
CBS4’s Rhiannon Ally interviewed Starkman back in 2012, on his other venture, Epicure Market, which has been a staple of the community since 1945.
Click here to watch her interview.
- Athletic Director Turned Hero, Chris Hixon, Laid To Rest Wednesday
- ‘This Cannot Happen Again’: Parkland Students Rally In Tally For Common Sense Gun Laws
- Grieving Father To Trump: ‘We As A Country Failed Our Children’
- Students Ask Elected Officials: What Will You Do To Make Us Safe?
- ‘I Should Feel Safe When I Come To School’: Students Stage More Walk Outs In Protest