MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Beach staple has closed its doors after 14 years.
Jerry’s Famous Deli decided to close down due to an issue with its lease.
The restaurants owner Jason Starkman said the restaurant’s lease was up and there was interest in the space from another company, according to Miami.com.
According to the site, “Señor Frogs” is rumored to be the other company who wanted the space.
CBS4’s Rhiannon Ally interviewed Starkman back in 2012, on his other venture, Epicure Market, which has been a staple of the community since 1945.
Click here to watch her interview.
- Miami Gets Record 11th Super Bowl In 2020
- Fort Lauderdale Cop Fired For Racist Texts Won’t Get Job Back
- Opa-Locka Commissioner Facing Charges Is Killed In Head-On Crash
- Police Investigate Video Of Sex Between Girl And 25 Boys
- Judge Rejects Sweeping Challenge To Education System