South Beach’s ‘Jerry’s Famous Deli’ Closes
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Beach staple has closed its doors after 14 years.
Jerry’s Famous Deli decided to close down due to an issue with its lease.
The restaurants owner Jason Starkman said the restaurant’s lease was up and there was interest in the space from another company, according to Miami.com.
According to the site, “Señor Frogs” is rumored to be the other company who wanted the space.
CBS4’s Rhiannon Ally interviewed Starkman back in 2012, on his other venture, Epicure Market, which has been a staple of the community since 1945.
Click here to watch her interview.
- Cuba’s Real Estate Market Booming Amid Renewed Relations
- Police Find Car Used In Miami Beach Taxi Shooting
- FedEx Truck Flips Over I-4 Rail, Spills Packages Onto Road
- North Florida Man Loses Arm In Wood Chipper
- Dade Inmate Critically Injured In Fight