MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Beach staple has closed its doors after 14 years.
Jerry’s Famous Deli decided to close down due to an issue with its lease.
The restaurants owner Jason Starkman said the restaurant’s lease was up and there was interest in the space from another company, according to Miami.com.
According to the site, “Señor Frogs” is rumored to be the other company who wanted the space.
CBS4’s Rhiannon Ally interviewed Starkman back in 2012, on his other venture, Epicure Market, which has been a staple of the community since 1945.
Click here to watch her interview.
- Miami Beach Police Department Using Rapid DNA Testing Machine To Solve Crimes
- Police: Man Stabs ‘Cannibal’ Boyfriend In Eyes, Killing Him
- Millions In U.S. Expected To Watch Eclipse, Miami Is No Exception
- Sessions Visit Puts Spotlight On Dade & Sanctuary Cities Policy
- Bond Set at $300K For Man Accused Of Molesting Girl At Apartment Pool