South Beach’s ‘Jerry’s Famous Deli’ Closes
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A South Beach staple has closed its doors after 14 years.
Jerry’s Famous Deli decided to close down due to an issue with its lease.
The restaurants owner Jason Starkman said the restaurant’s lease was up and there was interest in the space from another company, according to Miami.com.
According to the site, “Señor Frogs” is rumored to be the other company who wanted the space.
CBS4’s Rhiannon Ally interviewed Starkman back in 2012, on his other venture, Epicure Market, which has been a staple of the community since 1945.
Click here to watch her interview.
- Police: Man Under Mental Evaluation After Firing At Officers
- Pot-Bellied Pig Presumed ‘Stolen’ Returned To Owner
- Miami-Dade Schools Eliminate 24 Tests
- Man Faces Judge After MIA Bomb Scare
- Second Arrest Made In Attempted Armed Home Invasion