MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rescue crews came to the aid of an 11-year-old boy following a personal watercraft incident.
The Coast Guard told CBS4 the incident took place off of Monument Island Saturday evening.
The boy was reported unresponsive, had fallen into the water and had stopped breathing.
A rescue crew arrived on scene to help the boy and his mother. The crew helped perform emergency breathing en-route to Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
The boy regained consciousness on the way to the hospital and was transferred to awaiting emergency medical services.
- Jose Fernandez Fans Say Their Final Farewells
- Family, Community Join In Procession For Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez
- Man Accused Of Setting Estranged Wife On Fire Denied Bond
- Senate Passes Bill To Keep U.S. Government Open, Provide Zika Aid
- Marlins President David Samson Honors Legacy Of Jose Fernandez