Boy, 11, Rescued Off Of Monument Island
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rescue crews came to the aid of an 11-year-old boy following a personal watercraft incident.
The Coast Guard told CBS4 the incident took place off of Monument Island Saturday evening.
The boy was reported unresponsive, had fallen into the water and had stopped breathing.
A rescue crew arrived on scene to help the boy and his mother. The crew helped perform emergency breathing en-route to Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
The boy regained consciousness on the way to the hospital and was transferred to awaiting emergency medical services.
- Stephen Colbert Gets Some Gifts From South Florida
- Lightning Strikes Cause Damage During Friday Storms
- Family Speaks On 5 Year Anniversary Of Oakland Park Cold Case Murder
- Exclusive: MDPD Officer Who Made Viral Facebook Video Speaks Only To CBS4
- Man Gets Life For Killing Boss And Her Husband