MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Rescue crews came to the aid of an 11-year-old boy following a personal watercraft incident.
The Coast Guard told CBS4 the incident took place off of Monument Island Saturday evening.
The boy was reported unresponsive, had fallen into the water and had stopped breathing.
A rescue crew arrived on scene to help the boy and his mother. The crew helped perform emergency breathing en-route to Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach.
The boy regained consciousness on the way to the hospital and was transferred to awaiting emergency medical services.
- CBS4 Exclusive: Charges Dropped Against Cutler Bay Mom Pulled From Car
- Train Strikes & Kills Man Laying On Tracks
- Board Approves Plan For World’s Tallest Coaster In Orlando
- Lawmakers Get First Crack At Scott Budget
- Prison Health Firm’s Exit Leaves State Looking For Answers