AKRON, Ohio (CBSMiami/AP) — As South Florida, Ohio and the rest of the nation waits to find out if LeBron James will return to the Cleveland Cavaliers or stay in Miami with the Heat, his foundation says it is partnering with a reality TV show to spruce up some houses in his Akron hometown.
The basketball star’s LeBron James Family Foundation is teaming with the “Rehab Addict” TV show on the DIY and HGTV networks to make over the house and yard of a middle-school student and her family in early August.
The Akron Beacon Journal reports that the 10-day project will also involve improving the yards of nine other families throughout the city.
Leading the project will be Nicole Curtis, the host of the series, which renovates homes in Detroit and Minneapolis. The Ohio project will be the subject of a “Rehab Addict” episode this fall.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Winderman On Heat, Free Agency: “You Don’t Want To Just Rent A Player”
- Windhorst: “I Don’t Know Why Miami Fans Don’t Like Me”
- NBA Fines Grizzlies’ Fizdale $30,000 For Officiating Rant
- Heat President Pat Riley Expresses Hope For Team’s Future
- Lee On Spoelstra: “Whatever You Give Him, He’s Going To Make That Team Competitive”