MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Taste Of The Town: South Beach’s Habitat Is A Warm, Welcoming Eatery
- President Trump To Visit Key West
- Attorney Says Jose Fernandez Probe Has Ruined His Family And Legacy
- Murder Suspect Shot And Killed On Busy Street By Fort Lauderdale Police
- Historic Transition Time In Cuba As Raul Castro Prepares For Successor