MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Online Rental Scam Costing South Floridians Thousands Of Dollars
- At Least 1 Dead After Car Slams Into Gas Pump & Catches Fire In Dania Beach
- Police: Man Caught On Surveillance Robbing Elderly Women In Pompano Beach
- Trump Asked Intel Officials To Back Him On Russia Claims
- Ft. Lauderdale Police Officers Being Equipped To Combat Opioid Crisis