MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Study: ‘Having A Yard’ For Dogs Important For Home-Buying Millennials
- Gov. Scott Doesn’t Answer Why Nursing Home Voicemails Were Deleted
- Fire Rescue Headed To Scene Of Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Thousands Of Pounds Of Aid Heading To Victims Of Hurricane Maria
- Trump’s Criticism Of Kneeling Protest Brings Athletes From Multiple Sports Together