MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Demonstrators Hold Sit-In At North Miami Police Headquarters After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Palmetto Expressway Backed Up After Accident Involving Firefighter
- Police Press For Info On Missing Miami Toddler, Release 1st Picture
- ‘Emailgate’ Could Make Re-Election Harder For Wasserman Schultz
- BSO Bailiff Cleared Of Attempted Murder: ‘It Was A Total Nightmare’