MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released
- SOBE Wine & Food Festival Tents Host Trade Day Before Public Opening
- High Bond Set For CEO Caught Up In Illicit Steroid Distribution Case
- Google Discovers Massive Leak, Prompts Password Concerns
- Man Guilty Of Killing Wife, Son & Shooting Lawyer Makes Odd Request In Court