MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Dozens of children playing at a water park next to a school in Fort Lauderdale had to be evacuated after a construction crew struck an underground gas line.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Hazardous Materials team responded to a gas leak at 245 West Park Drive beside Croissant Park Elementary.
The gas line was a one-inch line three feet underground.
Officials said 70 supervised children were at the park at the time of the incident and were taken to the school next door. The leak is under control and no injuries were reported.
- Marco Rubio Seeking Safety Probe Into Jetty Where Fernandez Crashed
- Deal Reached To Keep U.S. Government Running, Provide Zika Aid
- Jose Fernandez Fans Say Their Final Farewells
- Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez Procession To Go Through Miami Streets
- Dade Officials Release Locations Where Mosquitoes Tested Positive For Zika